Alice Mado Proverbio, PhD
Specialty chief editor, Frontiers in Cognition: Perception
Associate editor, Frontiers in Psychology: Emotion science.
Academic editor, Scientific Reports Nature
Academic editor, PLOS ONE
Dept. of Psychology, University of Milan-Bicocca
Who am I? Video ___________________________________________________
Alice Mado Proverbio has a degree cum laude in Experimental Psychology from the University of Rome “La Sapienza” and a PhD in General Psychology from the University of Padua. She received numerous research grants from various bodies, among which the European Science Foundation, the European Society for Cognitive Psychology”’, and the James McDonnel Foundation for Cognitive Neuroscience, which also financed her Post Doctoral training at the University of California at Davis (Center for Neuroscience, 1993-1994), where she worked under the supervision of prof. Ron Mangun. Upon returning from the USA (1995), she was granted a post-doctoral scholarship from the University of Padua and on the same year became a research scientist at the University of Trieste. She has guided the University of Trieste’s Cognitive electrophysiology Laboratory from 1996 to 2000. Since 2001, she is Associate Professor of Psychobiology and Physiological Psychology at University of Milano-Bicocca, where she teaches Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, Cognitive Electrophysiology and Physiological Psychology. She founded the “Cognitive Electrophysiology” Lab at the same University in 2003. Alice Mado Proverbio has been Councilor of the Italian Society of Psychophysiology (SIPF), and member of the Society for Neuroscience.
She received the FULL Professor qualification in 2014.
Most popular books
- Proverbio AM. (2019) Neuroscienze Cognitive della Musica, Zanichelli.
- Proverbio AM. (2022) Percezione e Creazione musicale, Zanichelli.
- Zani A & Proverbio AM (eds.) (2003) The cognitive electrophysiology of mind and brain. Elsevier. Foreward by Michael Posner. http://www.elsevierdirect.com/ISBN/9780127754215/The-Cognitive-Electrophysiology-of-Mind-and-Brain
- Proverbio A.M. & Zani A. (eds.) (2000) Psicofisiologia cognitiva. Carocci. Foreward by Michael Gazzaniga.
- Zani A, Proverbio AM (2003) Elettrofisiologia della Mente. Carocci
- Proverbio AM, Zani A. (2013) Metodi strumentali nelle Neuroscienze Cognitive: EEG ed ERP, Aracne editore, Roma.
Proverbio’s Hirsch Citation (H) index is 39, with 4892 current quotations (150 peer-reviewed articles and almost 400 publications). Her research activity concerns the neurobiological bases of social cognition, neuroscience of music and neuroaesthetics, gender differences, emotions, mirror neurons and empathy, neuroscience of dance, visual and auditory perception, object recognition, multimodal coding, language.
She is Academic Editor at Scientific Reports Nature (since 2013) and PLOS ONE (since 2018)
She has been ad hoc reviewer for the following international journals.
- Attention, Perception and Psychophysics
- Behavioural Brain Research
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Biological Psychology
- BMC Psychiatry
- BMC Neuroscience
- Brain & Language
- Brain Research
- Brain Research Bulletin
- Brain Research reviews
- Brain Structure and Function
- Brain Topography
- Cerebral Cortex
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience
- Cognitive Brain Research
- Cognitive Neuropsychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Current Biology
- Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology
- Experimental Brain Research
- European Journal of Neuroscience
- Frontiers in Human Neuroscience
- Frontiers in Psychiatry
- Frontiers in Child and Neurodevelopmental Psychiatry
- Hormones and Behavior
- Human Brain Mapping
- International Journal of Psychophysiology
- Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Journal of Motor Behavior
- Journal of Neurolinguistics
- Journal of Neuroscience
- Journal of Physiological Anthropology
- Journal of Psychophysiology
- Language and Cognitive Processes
- Neuroscience Letters
- Neurological sciences
- Neuroscience Research
- Plos ONE
- Psychiatry Research
- Psychomusicology: Music, Mind, and Brain
- Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology
- Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience
- Visual Cognition